The Prudence Island School Fund
The Prudence Island School Foundation raises funds to continue to make available the current level of educational support for all students who wish to attend, expand services as needs arise, offer a summer program that builds learning into the Island’s young people’s summer activities, and maintain and preserve the historic schoolhouse. It is able to do so through the generosity of individual families, friends and supporters; foundation grants; and fundraising events. Donations are tax deductible to the extent the law allows.
Donations are needed to:
- ensure a wide range and depth of educational programming for all students, from pre-K to high school;
- cover the cost of staffing, curriculum, supplies, and off-Island activities for pre-K and secondary-level school students (who do not receive support from the Town of Portsmouth);
- ensure that the historic schoolhouse building is well-maintained;
- offer a quality summer program to all children on the Island;
- demonstrate to the Town of Portsmouth that the school has the support of Island residents and friends.
All donations make a difference!
Donate by Mail:
Send a check to:
Prudence Island School Foundation
P.O. Box 282
Prudence Island, RI 02872