The Prudence Island School Fund
The Prudence Island School Fund seeks to raise funds to continue to make available the current level of educational support for all students who wish to attend, expand services as needs arise, offer a summer program that builds learning into the Island’s young people’s summer activities, and maintain and preserve the historic schoolhouse. It is able to do so through the generosity of individual families, friends and supporters; foundation grants; and fundraising events. All donations are fully tax deductible.
Donations are needed to:
- ensure a wide range and depth of educational programming for all students, from pre-K to high school;
- cover the cost of staffing, curriculum, supplies, and off-Island activities for pre-K and secondary-level school students (who do not receive support from the Town of Portsmouth);
- ensure that the historic schoolhouse building is well-maintained;
- offer a quality summer program to all children on the Island;
- demonstrate to the Town of Portsmouth that the school has the support of Island residents and friends.
All donations make a difference! Donor categories are:
Lobster $500 -$999
Soft Shell Crab Up to $99
Starfish $1,000 and more
A bequest through one’s Last Will and Testament can also be a simple and yet powerful way of providing support for the School. Whether it is by providing a few sentences in one’s will, or adding your bequest to the Prudence Island School Foundation as an amendment (a Codicil) to an existing will, friends and supporters can make a lasting difference through a bequest.
Giving stocks, bonds, and mutual fund shares that have increased in value may provide greater tax benefits to the donor than giving cash.
For more information about donations, bequests or making gifts of stock or other investment, please contact Jessica Friswell at 508-479-3479 or firstname.lastname@example.org.